Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [proto] using proto with nvcc
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-12 05:25:51

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Whoa. Even inline functions and methods?
This has to be investigated.

> I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm pretty sure I'm not ok with that.
Nobody will ;) That's the unfun part. I mean, one can manage that if
needed in a local copy of bosot (I think it's where we'll end up) but
it can't be decently set-up as a global policy.

Anyway, a first step could be to check which libraries makes sense to
run on a GPU and other exotic platform (thread, iostreams, asio make no
sense for example, same for filesystem or mpi).

> You should move this discussion to development list with a more
> appropriate subject.
Up its way