Subject: Re: [Boost-users] complexity problem using multi_index insert()
From: Andrew Kokkalis (andrewkokkalis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-28 09:26:19

> > And the problem is that inserting those few elements into the multi_index
> container takes almost 9 minutes.
> <...>
>
> In addition to Joaquín's advice: ensure your benchmarks are done in
> "release mode", i.e. with full optimization. Besides, if you compile
> in MSVC and stl containers are somehow related to this operation, you
> might also want to disabe so called "secured stl", which has enormous
> impact on the performance: #define _SECURE_SCL 0
>
> Thank you very much!This helped a lot!
Regarding _SECURE_SCL we are using ubuntu linux and Eclipse for C++ so i
guess the above won't work.
Is there anything similar for eclipse? While googling i found many links
from the archive of this mailing list, but nothing relevant.

Now from 22 minutes I'm down to 5! I'm already very pleased but I would like
to become greedy!