Subject: [Boost-users] [android] Boost + Android NDK
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-28 19:39:12

I would like to hear from other's experiences on using Boost togheter
with Android NDK. Personally, while I have been unable to build Boost, I
am successfuly using (pieces of):

· Array
· Assign
· Date Time
· Enable If
· Flyweight
· Function Types
· Fusion
· GIL
· Integer
· MPL
· Preprocessor
· Random
· Rational
· Spirit (which itself uses Proto)
· Tuple
· Type Traits

as well as the proposed:
· Endian
· LA (Static Size Linear Algebra)
· MSM

I was forced to hack code here and there, due to lack of exceptions and
RTTI. I also had to add configuration macros for endiannes, and a
DateTime related macro to have microsec_clock available.

Anyone else would like to share its experience? Particularly, was anyone
succesful to build boost on Android? And finally, is there interest in
patching Boost to make it more 'Android friendly'? This would also
benefit other (possibly embedded) systems which run with exceptions and
RTTI turned off.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-