Subject: Re: [Boost-users] BoostTest: Is BOOST_MESSAGE is not thread safe?
From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 06:21:00

There was a discussion in the mailing how to make Boost.Test thread-safe.
The problem is that Boost.Test needs to be boost-clean, because other
libraries such as Boost.Thread etc. use it for testing. Therefore relying on
Boost.Thread is not possible in such a case => requires the development of
the proprietary thread-safety, synchronization etc. which works on all
platforms where Boost.Test runs. On the other hand, not everyone requires
thread-safety. Introducing it might slow down the test execution
tremendously. So it is up to you how to implement you synchronization
mechanisms :( and whether to implement them at all.

Regards,
Ovanes