Subject: [Boost-users] [test] Problem with Boost.Test command-line parameters in 1.42.0
From: Florian Winter (fw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-09 03:51:37

Hi,

We have recently upgraded our unit test suite from Boost 1.35.0 to
1.42.0. Now we have the following problem: Some of our unit test
applications take command-line parameters of their own, and there seem
to be name conflicts with command-line options of Boost.Test.

For example, some of our test applications accept a command line
parameter "-f", which takes no arguments. However, Boost.Test also
accepts a "-f" parameter, which takes 1 argument. So whenever we specify
our "-f" option when running a test, we get an error message from
Boost.Test similar to the following:

"Invalid output format: -L"

We don't like the idea of changing our own command-line interface,
because some tests take a lot of command-line parameters with short
names, and there are likely to be new name conflicts with future Boost
versions.

Is there an easy way to disable or bypass the command-line parser of
Boost.Test, or at least to disable parsing of short options?

--
Florian Winter
Senior Software developer