Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [math/distributions] calculating p-value?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-09 11:10:03

I think you need to download all the Boost pdf's separately from Sourceforge.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/index.html

 is of course the html version which is identical.

> The solution: I did indeed make a most stupid mistake: When you
> miscalculate N, the distribution you compare against is wrong and in the
> extreme, you get only zeros back (which happend to me). Arrgh!
> *headbang* ;-)

With all Boost.Math using try'n'catch is *ALWAYS* a good idea - to get the helpful error messages.

Paul