Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to serialize basic_string<unsigned char>
From: Martin Dietze (di_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-10 14:05:20

On Sat, April 10, 2010, Robert Ramey wrote:

> BOOST_CLASS_IMPLEMENTATION(std::basic_string<unsigned char>,
> boost::serialization::primitive_type)
> with
> BOOST_CLASS_IMPLEMENTATION(std::basic_string<unsigned char>,
> boost::serialization::object_type)
>
> (double check "object_type") Basically you want the next level of support
> above primitive_type.

... which turns out to be `object_serializable' (Serialize the
objects of this type using the objects "serialize" function or
template. This permits values to be written/read to/from archives
but includes no class or version information).

> Also, consider using
>
> ar & static_cast<basic_string<char> >(my unsigned string)

This does not compile, obviously there is no way to
simply assign one to another.

Having used `object_serializable' instead of `primitive_type'
(same for `object_class_info') got me back to the original
problem, since there's no builtin `serialize' method for this
class.

Cheers,

M'bert

--