Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [UTF] Let my debugger catch unhandled exceptions
From: Adam Nielsen (a.nielsen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-03 01:52:53

> What compiler are you using? MSVC has a setting that allows you to break
> on exceptions at the point of throw. I usually put a break near the area
> of concern, then set Break when an std::exception is thrown. I'm not
> sure which other compiler/debuggers have this facility though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using GCC and GDB and it can do this as well,
but the problem is I get too many nuisance breaks because there are a bunch of
exceptions clustered together. I don't know which one is the problem one so
it's very tedious investigating dozens of them until you find the one you want!

Cheers,
Adam.