Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Chrono] How to report problems?
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-16 13:37:12

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Bock" <rbock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:48 AM
Subject: [Boost-users] [Chrono] How to report problems?

> Hi,
>
> after having received a push in the right direction by Howard yesterday,

Thanks Howard.

> everything works fine so far, except for for the following two details:
>
> a) I get some warnings about unused parameters when using the stopclock.
> For instance:
>
> include/boost/chrono/stopwatch_reporter.hpp:81: warning: unused
> parameter ‘ec’
>
> The fixes are trivial in all cases I encountered.

Yes I get it. I will check the warnings on the builds I can run. On which platform and with wich compiler are you working? Could you sent me a log with the warnings you found?

> b) The thread_clock part of the tutorial looks pretty broken.

thread_clock was one of the last features I added and has been tested only on linux with gcc-4.2.1. I need to port it to Windows, but for the moment I have had no time. Could you give more details on how this is broken?

> Not sure if more things will come up, but if so, where should I send
> them? Maybe this information would be a nice addition to the FAQ until
> chrono makes it into boost?

You can send to this ML, but as the library is under developement maybe it is better to send you mails to the boost development list boost_at_list.boost.org.

> Thanks for this cool library!

Glad to hear it is useful for you.

Have you run the tests onyour platform? It would be great if you can make a pre-review of the library, this will surely help to improve the library before the formal review, could you?

Best,
Vicente