Subject: [Boost-users] [Test] Tests execution order and depends_on method.
From: Maria Kozinska (maria.kozinska_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 17:15:46

Hello,

I have couple of question to Boost.Test framework.

I'd like to ask why test_unit::depends_on(test_unit*) method is not
described in User's guide. Is it only for internal use by framework or
I can use it freely?

I assume, that it can be used to determine precedence of one test
before another. What happens if there is a cycle in dependence graph?
If a test case fails, are dependant on it tests executed?

In what order are executed automatically registered test suites and
test cases? And in what order when they are manually registered
(without any depends_on)? How this order is affected by depends_on
method?

Thanks for answer.

Greetings,
Maria