Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Test] Problem with expected failures in test suite
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-03 18:27:21

AMDG

Maria Kozinska wrote:
> I tried to write a test suite with one expected failure, however it is
> not working.

How is it not working? The output looks right to me:
Running 3 test cases...
c:/documents and settings/steven/my documents/visual studio
2010/projects/scratc
h/scratch/scratch.cpp(13): error in "opt2": check !xxx failed

*** 1 failure detected (1 failure expected) in test suite "Master Test
Suite"

What do you expect to see?

> Probably I'm doing something wrong.
> The idea is that I have a function that can be implemented in few
> ways, thus there are few possible correct results. Depending on the
> implementation, I want to test it with different set of test cases. I
> don't want to check at the beginning of each test case which option is
> valid, I would prefer to skip unnecessary test cases. Is it possible?

In init_unit_test_suite, can you try only adding the test
cases that you need?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe