Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MultiIndex] As if one iterator
From: Dan Bloomquist (danb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-08 00:03:02

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
> Dan Bloomquist<danb<at> lakeweb.net> writes:
>

>> Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
>>
>>> Dan Bloomquist<danb<at> lakeweb.net> writes:
>>>
>>> Not sure whether this is what you'r after, but have you considered
>>> using adobe::any_iterator?
>>>
>>> http://stlab.adobe.com/classadobe_1_1any__iterator.html
>>>
>>> adobe::any_iterator is a polymorphic iterator wrapper so that
>>> you can use it to handle at run-time any iterator with the specified
>>> category (bidirectional, foward, etc.) Kind of like boost::any for
>>> general objects, but already specialized for the iterator interface.
>>>

>> Hi Joaquin,
>> Thank you for the link. I'm on tangents right now but have/will look
>> over these adobe headers. I have attempted to write my own based on
>> itereator_facade. I've gotten all the members to work except for
>> dereferance [...]
>>
> I suggest you take a deep look at adobe::any_iterator for
> inspiration or, better yet, use it directly (it's an all header
> library, and the licensing terms are very convenient.) I suspect
> using boost::iterator_facade is not the way to go here: for one,
> all your iterator wrapper operations (increment, dereference, etc.)
> have to be built in terms of a virtual interface , which iterator_facade
> does not lends itself to.

Hi Jaoquin,
Thanks. I found the poly download actually it is there asl_1.0.42. A lot
more stuff than the header I first looked at.
<http://stlab.adobe.com/iterator_8hpp_source.html>

Most of that was built on iterator_facade. It will take me some time but
I'll see what I can do with it. This is as much to learn as to use it in
my app.

Best, Dan.