Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MultiIndex] As if one iterator
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-06-10 10:40:44

Filip Konvička escribió:
> Hi,
>

>> I suggest you take a deep look at adobe::any_iterator for
>> inspiration or, better yet, use it directly (it's an all header
>> library, and the licensing terms are very convenient.) I suspect
>> using boost::iterator_facade is not the way to go here: for one,
>> all your iterator wrapper operations (increment, dereference, etc.)
>> have to be built in terms of a virtual interface , which iterator_facade
>> does not lends itself to.
>>

> Are you referring to some older version of any_iterator? The recent
> version I got from SF does not in fact contain adobe::any_iterator (the
> docs were not updated, it seems), but rather adobe::iter and
> adobe::bidirectional_iter - but I was not able to use these with B.MI so
> far.

Yes, you are right, they changed this bit of their library. When you say
wou weren't able, do you
mean that you haven't had the chance yet or that you had problems? In
principle,

adobe::any_iterator<T,std::bidirectional_iterator_tag>

is the same as

adobe::bidirectional_iter<T>

so the migration to the new interface should be straightforward.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo