Subject: [Boost-users] Best libraries for a Boost workshop
From: José Tomás Tocino García (theom3ga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-22 15:41:31

Hi, I'm going to be teaching a four hours workshop about getting
started with Boost, and I'm wondering which libraries would be the
most representative and interesting to show.

I was thinking about doing a quick review of the boost libraries that
were accepted for the C++ Technical Report 1, quickly saying what each
is about, and showing one example. That would be the first part of the
workshop.

For the second part, I'm making a selection of the most interesting
libraries. I'd thoroughly explain each of them, showing several
examples and maybe giving some time for the students to fiddle with
their computers and the libraries. And here's where I need your help.
So far, the libraries I'm sure I'm going to teach are: smart pointers,
lexical_cast, bind and function, ref, hash and unordered containers.
I'd also add strings algorithms, maybe regex and/or tokenizer. I'm not
sure about «program options».

Anyway, what's your advice? What are the 12~15 boost libraries you
find essential?

Thanks in advance.

--
José Tomás Tocino García