Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost's direction regarding UTF8 -> UTF32 and UTF32 -> UTF8
From: Rodrigo Madera (rodrigo.madera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-24 08:17:44

> There are John Maddock's iterator adapters, those of the Boost.Unicode
> library under development that are similar to them, and there is also
> Boost.Locale, another library under development that is a frontend to ICU,
> that provides function to do conversions (but it works with memory buffers).

I see that Maddock's adapters does the job, but does it provide the
reliability of ICU? For example, when it comes to round-trip conversions?
Not that I doubt the library, it's just that it looks like a subset of a
bigger domain. If it's been tested and deemed appropriate, I think it
suffices for me.

Any comments on the review schedule for Boost.Locale and Boost.Unicode? It
seemed as if they compete on some points.

Thank you for your kind input,
Rodrigo