Subject: [Boost-users] dealing with template size definition macros
From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-24 12:53:25

I have written a class that uses named parameters in the constructor
because there's like 10 parameters and too often you just want to
replace one. Exactly the reason to use them in other words.

Unfortunately, I also use the boost::signals2 library. It also
apparently uses this library because I keep running into problems where
BOOST_PARAMETER_MAX_ARITY has already been set. Even if I undefine it
and redefine it to what I need I have problems when it says I've
supplied too many template parameters.

Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that this value is undefined at the
end of boost headers that use it? At least in 1.42, signals2 does not
do so.

What is a reasonable approach to dealing with conflicts like this? I've
taken to just moving my include up the stack of includes whenever I run
into the problem.

--
http://crazyeddiecpp.blogspot.com/