Subject: Re: [Boost-users] asio, new connection handler is not called
From: Lloyd (lloyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-07 09:10:17

By debugging one thing I recognised is, io_service::run() is called from the
main thread, and blocked thread is another one. But, in the blocked thread I
have async_read() call handler. Inside the handler the thread is blocking.
This is causing the problem.

Now I will explain the real problem. There is a data write (to the disk)
handler routine. If the disk is full I want the thread to wait until some
disk space is free.For this what I do is, in the write handler there is a
infinite while loop. Inside this thread interruption is enabled. The it
checks for free space in the disk. If it is available, it breaks the while.
Other wise it sleeps for some time, continues in the loop. Is there a better
way to handle this?

Thanks a lot,
  Lloyd