Subject: Re: [Boost-users] list all drives
From: Trevor Harmon (Trevor.W.Harmon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-13 16:25:04

On Jul 12, 2010, at 5:13 PM, John Dlugosz wrote:

> After formatting a partition, I can make it available as a drive
> letter such as Q:. I can also make it available as a graft on an
> existing NTFS file system, such as C:\foo\media.

Perhaps I misunderstood your earlier comments [1], but you seemed to
be suggesting that a Boost facility for listing all roots is
unnecessary because Windows drives can be mounted onto a single root.

But just because such a thing is possible doesn't matter. Is there
ever a time that a file system is available only by drive letter --
that is, a separate and distinct root? If so, then a facility for
listing all roots is still necessary in order to accommodate Windows.

Trevor

[1] http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2010/07/60771.php