Subject: [Boost-users] [accumulators] density histogram, what is typical way of using it?
From: alfC (alfredo.correa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-20 05:32:41

Hi,

the documentation on accumulator::density is not very clear to me. It
seems to fulfil the need for a histogram. Can anyone point at one
concrete example using accumulator::density.

For example, it seems to determine de bins from the first N samples
accumulated. what if you pass less elements than this. Are the bins
completely fixed after that?
What was the logic behind that design rather than, for example, to
somehow declared uniform bins in a range?

What if I have to define uniform equispaced bins, do I pass a uniform
sequence at the beginning? but then those elements will be counted?

How the counters or probabilities are accessed at the end? What else
can be done with the density accumulator object, can the cummulative
or the inverse pdf be accessed easily within the library. Can it be
plugged in into a random number generator as a distribution function.

Thank you,
Alfredo