Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [distributions]: Inverse Gamma
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-30 12:51:06

This looks possible - but I'm curious about applications - you obviously have one, but Wikipedia doesn't mention any

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-gamma_distribution

But you obviously have one ;-)

> What about multivariate (in particular the multivariate normal and t
> distributions and Wishart and Dirichlet ) ?

A previous offer to do some multivariate distributions seems have fizzled out - perhaps because it is *much* more
difficult, particularly with the templated and 'policied ' (to control the troublesome parameter cases) structure used
for the Boost.Math library. There may be no analytic expressions for some like inverse and CDF.

So some strong motivation and support would be needed to embarge on this.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse