Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Question regarding using asn1 boost libraries
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-03 03:01:34

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 08:40:46AM -0700, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Mupparthy Ravindranath wrote:
>> From the URL
>> "http://www.ibusy.com/devtree/asn1/boost_asn1/linking.html", I learnt
>> that boost has support for ASN1 (Abstract Syntax Notation) encoding and
>> decoding using BER (Basic Encoding Rules).
>> Can someone help me where to get the ASN1 support header files for boost...
>
> This isn't part of Boost. I don't remember ever seeing any reference
> to it before.
>
> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

There was a large discussion a while ago about the importance of
labelling any proposed/pending libraries for Boost properly.

There were suggestions for logos for documentation with clear watermarks
indicating acceptance status, if at all.

As for what came out of that discussion I don't know, but this shows the
importance of distinguishing between proper Boost libraries and wannabe
Boost libraries.

As for this particular library, I cannot find any record in my mailbox
of it ever being up for review, so I'd guess that it probably was not
polished enough to be submitted, or so I guess from the incomplete docs.

I would expect that you could retrieve this third party library from the
same site you retrieved this documentation.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]