Subject: [Boost-users] [interprocess] shared memory, condtions, deadlock
From: Kai Benndorf (kai.benndorf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-04 09:26:47

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the shared memory functionality of the boost
interprocess library for implementing a client and a server like
process, where the server calculates something for the client. I use
condition variables for the process synchronization. The implementation
works initially, but I am getting deadlocks, now.

I appended a pseudo code example of my implementation. One instance of
the SharedData class is hold in shared memory. On deadlock, both
processes are hanging in the wait() functions. What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for any hint. Regards

Kai