Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] Windows Vista: "The application failed toinitialize properly (0xc0000005)."
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-07 04:14:49

>I am using MinGW on Windows to try to compile a working shared binary
> of Unit Test Framework. My GCC version is the latest for MinGW, 4.5.0,
> and I used the following line to compile
> libboost_unit_test_framework-mgw45-mt-1_44.dll:
> bjam toolset=gcc link=shared --with-test release
>
> I have tried both Boost 1.43.0 and 1.44.0 beta 1 sources, but with
> each, bjam succeeds and my test program that uses UTF fails with the
> message dialog: The application failed to initialize properly
> (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.
>
> My test program compiles and runs fine on Debian Linux using Boost 1.42.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes!!

But not with Boost.Test, I simply haven't been able to get any non-trivial
program to run correctly when built with MinGW gcc-4.5.0. For example in
libs/config/test the config_info program (pretty trivial) runs OK, but
config_test (less trivial) crashes and burns with the initialization error.
I haven't had a chance to work out what the cause is, and frankly I had
thought it was a problem with my MinGW installation as no one else seems to
have the issue...

Love to know what the answer is yours, John.