Subject: [Boost-users] [MultiArray, Thread] Setting the _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL
From: lfrfly_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-08-23 12:20:39

It's probably well-known by now that multi_array has a problem with
Visual Studio 2010: due to the way it identifies its iterators, you get
errors unless you set the _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL preprocessor symbol to
0. First of all, when can we expect a fix for this (or is there one
already)?

Secondly, even if I manually set the _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL to 0 in
Debug configuration (that's the default in Release), I am unable to
build because when I try to link in the Boost Thread library, I get
2>libboost_thread-vc100-mt-gd-1_43.lib(thread.obj) : error LNK2038:
mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match
value '0' in test.obj

This indicates that I need to build Boost Thread with that variable set
to 0 as well, even in the debug mode; or else I need to somehow get the
Release version of the library linked in instead.

I'm not sure how to do either one of these options. Can anyone help me
configure bjam to override the variable, or else override which lib is
linked?