Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to store on exception object ?
From: Timothy Madden (terminatorul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-01 17:08:39

On 9/1/2010 9:21 AM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Timothy Madden<terminatorul_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 8/31/2010 7:01 PM, Binglong Xie wrote:
>>>
>>> Does code below work correctly? (C++0x fashion)
>>> =================================================================
>>
>> My project uses Visual Studio 2008 and these C++0x functions do not work.
>> Nice to see that they are about the enter the standard, though :)
>
> In trunk revision 65195 I've added non-intrusive (meaning, it works
> for any exception object, not only the ones wrapped with
> boost::enable_current_exception) exception_ptr support for MSVC 7.1
> and 8.0, entirely based on an implementation Anthony Williams had
> posted months ago (on other MSVC versions the intrusive support is
> used as a fallback.)
>
> Because I made some changes and I've done only limited testing, to
> enable it you must #define BOOST_ENABLE_NON_INTRUSIVE_EXCEPTION_PTR.
> You'll also need to link
> libs/exception/src/clone_current_exception_msvc.cpp in your project.
>
> I'm assuming MSVC 9.0 and newer will just work as soon as the
> appropriate exception_info_offset value is defined in
> clone_current_exception_msvc.cpp. Anthony?
>
> Non-intrusive exception_ptr support for other compilers is now easy to
> integrate in Boost Exception too. Hopefully someone can provide
> suitable implementation for GCC at least (I can help with the
> integration.)

I think this would be awesome !

Currently though clone_current_exception_msvc.cpp only has the offsets
for cl 13.10 and 14.00, so I need the offset for 15.00 to use this.

Also I would not like to tamper with the boost sources before building,
so if the new offset could be committed on the trunk (since it is only
activated by the #define), that would be great. !

Thank you,
Timothy Madden