Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Struggling to implement bzip2 on windows
From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-02 09:02:08

Jared James Thompson wrote:
> Christian,

Please don't top post.

> Thanks for your response. The library docs weren't terribly helpful on this
> topic. What is supposed to go in place of the ellipsis in your statement (...)?

you follow the getting started docs for windows I do the following to
build all static libs using static crt:

bjam link=static runtime-link=static debug -sBZIP2_SOURCE=the/path stage

bjam define=_SECURE_SCL=0 link=static runtime-link=static release
-sBZIP2_SOURCE=the/path stage

> My understanding of bjam is that it goes looking for boost-build.jam and I
> don't understand this process of flagging it with arguments. Does bjam need a
> modified boost-build.jam source file to do operations like this?

Just download and use the pre-built windows bjam.exe

Hope this helps, Jeff