Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to disable the check or the error after checking for ICU (for regex lib) when building boost ?
From: Timothy Madden (terminatorul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-04 10:15:42

On 04.09.2010 11:55, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Timothy Madden wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Ah, this explains. Can you arrange for<boost-root>/bin.v2 directory
>>> to be created before you try to build boost. 1.44 has a bug whereby
>>> config log is written to<boost-root>/bin.v2/config.log, but the
>>> directory is not created.
>>
>> I tried to interrupt the build process and start it again. The bin.v2
>> directory was there, but still no use ...
>
> Ok -- and what if you set VS_UNICODE_OUTPUT environment variable before
> running the build? This would have to happen in your custom build step.

if I unset the variable, like
        set VS_UNICODE_OUTPUT=& .\bjam toolset=msvc-9.0
then nothings gets compiled. bjam just exists immediately and Visual
Studio continues project compilation.

I found that devenv.com, invoked from the command line with a simple
solution file and with VS_UNICODE_OUTPUT unset, instead of cl.exe, can
properly capture the output from cl, and can properly be redirected.

Could the build process invoke devenv.com instead of cl.exe when testing
for ICU for msvc-9.0 toolset ? And for msvc-10.0 I guess ... ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden