Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Graphviz and Boost Problem
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-04 14:36:17

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010, ef wrote:

> Yeah sadly it is a very huge graph (atleast 300 million nodes). I have
> also written aglorithms that do the analysis while they are created,
> otherwise it would just be to complex. I will go ahead and look into
> your suggestions.

Does that large of a graph need to be in Graphviz format? The parser is
complicated because the language itself is complicated (such as attributes
for subgraphs). If you are writing the graph yourself, you might want to
use a simpler format (like DIMACS); even if someone else is producing it
in Graphviz format, you may want to consider writing a custom parser that
only handles the subset of the language that your file uses and creates
your graph type directly.

-- Jeremiah Willcock