Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] Windows Vista: "The application failed toinitialize properly (0xc0000005)."
From: emyr (emyr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-08 10:51:46

Hi,

I was having this same problem with the taglib library (another c++
shared library). I am 99% sure it is due to not linking using
-enable-auto-import.
I managed to use cmake to build taglib with -enable-auto-import during
linking when building the library, and I add it when I link to taglib
for my programs. It works fine now whereas without that option I was
getting the exact same error message (failed to initialise properly,
0xc0000005) I think you need that option whenever you use gcc4.5.0 with
c++ and shared libraries.

I've been struggling to find a way to get bjam to add
-enable-auto-import to all it's link stages when building boost with mingw.

Can anyone help with this ?

Cheers,
Emyr