Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Interaction between boost::timer and boost::thread
From: Matthieu Brucher (matthieu.brucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-08 13:00:06

2010/9/8 Eric J. Holtman <eric_at_[hidden]>:
> On 9/8/2010 11:48 AM, Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>>
>> I can't use
>> them now in production code when they may not be supported in the
>> future.
>>

> No snark here.... serious question.... what guaranty do you have
> that *any* boost library will be supported in the future?

I think there is a better guaranty for an official Boost library than
for an unofficial, only because people will use the former more than
the latter, and so more people may need to fix them.

I've seen that Chrono is in fact an implementation of C++0x, so it
will be a good start once available in a release.

Matthieu

--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Blog: http://matt.eifelle.com