Subject: [Boost-users] [thread] basic question
From: Sean Farrow (sean.farrow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-12 11:37:42

Hi:
I am writing a cross platform application, I need to do the following:
Firstly Launch a thread, which seems simple enough.
Secondly, the thread function pols a port for input (midi, does assio support this?)
Thirdly, I need someway of transferring data between the thread waiting for input and the main thread, what is the best way of doing this, in win32 I'd use Events.
Finally, what is the best way of terminating the thread cleanly, in win32, I'd probably use a while loop of some sort.Any help appreciated!
Regards
Sean.