Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building PBGL
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-15 04:16:36

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, David Doria wrote:

> I downloaded PBGL from here:http://osl.iu.edu/research/pbgl/

You should probably be using the copy in Boost (in boost/graph/distributed
and libs/graph_parallel); that will build with Boost's normal bjam system.

> When running CMake, it said that it couldn't find boost_mpi. I read that I need to do
>
> ./bjam --with-mpi
>
> I did that and it seemed to be successful (though very very quick):

You need "using mpi ;" in your project-config.jam for the build of
Boost.MPI to do anything. Look at the Boost build documentation for how
to give your MPI implementation location if Boost cannot detect it
automatically.

> --------------------
> Component configuration:

>     - mpi                      : building
>
> ...found 1 target...
>

> The Boost C++ Libraries were successfully built!
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1) Does PBGL not come with the normal boost package from sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.44.0/)?

It does; use ./bjam --with-graph_parallel to get it.

> 2) How can I tell if boost_mpi built properly?

Look for a suspiciously small library file, most likely; you can use
"size" or "nm" ("nm -D" for a .so file) on Linux to see if it contains any
code.

-- Jeremiah Willcock