Subject: [Boost-users] Could searching and indexing Boost docs might work better?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-16 03:54:13

Well thanks Steven - Now that's something I have wanted to know but didn't
dare ask ;-)

But I have now squandered a few minutes trying again to find this
information using Google (putting myself in the shoes of the OP).

A search for "Running specific test units selected by their name" didn't get
me to this page (on the first page at least).

Adding site::boost.org helped reduce clutter from other unit test systems.

Even "Running specific test units selected by their name" site:boost.org
(note quotes mean search for exact text)

didn't get to the current (or nearly) releases by name, and I didn't spot
this page quickly.

Using boost.org and entering "Running specific test units selected by their
name" into the search box also didn't produce the latest docs page above,
only out of date stuff. Limiting search to www.boost.org didn't get 1.44
docs (only misleading ref to 1.38).

This may be why there are so many questions from puzzled users on this list?

Is there anything we can do to make Google work better for us?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK