Subject: Re: [Boost-users] HTTP Parser
Date: 2010-09-16 11:50:25

  Hi,
> All,
> I am looking into developing an HTTP Proxy with content filtering and
> other mechanism as a fun project. Is there anything available in
> BOOST or in other libraries that I can read upon and use them.
> Specifically, I need to have HTML Parser and some sort of Proxy
> implementation. Few features that I aiming for are:
> 1. Intercept request on port 80.
> 2. Retrieve entire page and parse the page and check with current rules.
> 3. URL checking with current policy.
>
> Thanks,
> -AP
You can use Boost.Asio for the socket-stuff (input+output).
Parsing HTTP-Headers and HTML could be done using Boost.Spirit (but this
is difficult if you are not used to it). You can also search within the
Headers using Xpressive, which is much easier to learn, but not as fast
as Spirit.

If you are new to boost, you may look at boost.Bind and Smart-Pointers
first.

Regards,

michi7x7