Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Could searching and indexing Boost docs mightwork better?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-20 05:12:55

I agree that this should be the thing we try to achieve immediately.

> A single sitemap would work for all the big search engines. A sitemap lets you
> specify how often something is updated -- their spiders should index it far less
> often if you specify a long term.
>
> You might be able to do the same thing with HTTP cache headers.
> Depending on your web server you might be able to configure entire subdirs to
> cache until the end of time.

Long term, site maps looks the *right* way to do this - but it would best be done by someone who knows what they are doing (definitely NOT me!!).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Site_map

http://www.sitemaps.org/

Shall I start a new thread on boost-users asking for help on generating a site map?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK