Subject: [Boost-users] CreateProcess
From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-23 05:50:27

Hello all,

I was asking if there is CreateProcess like functionailty in Boost.

In our application we lock files, and spawn a process (thru _spawn). However
it seems that m$ implemented in this way that handles are inherited by child
process. This means that the child process is also getting the handle of the
locked file, preventing the main application to write to this locked file.

So I was wondering if there is a portable c++ way to create prcoesses.
Otheriwse we have to write it ourselves and spying the sources of m$ it seems
that parsing the commandline is not trivial.