Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Logos
From: AJG (plus.ajg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-30 14:46:34

Ruediger Berlich <ruediger.berlich <at> iwr.fzk.de> writes:
> Dear all,
>
> I remember that there was a discussion a while ago about logos. Among the
> proposals was a logo of the type "This code uses Boost". I'd like to
> acknowledge the great work of the Boost library authors and would thus like
> to add the logo to the manual of our software. Therefore: I cannot find any
> "official" logos on the Boost web page that would allow me to do this. What
> has become of this effort ?

I'd like to second this suggestion, as I'd also love to give credit in this way.

In case ideas are lacking, it'd be interesting to see if something could be done
that is a play on the noun/verb 'boost' itself. E.g. "Boost-ed C++", "C++ with a
Boost" or something creative to that effect, with the right font and layout,
naturally.

Failing that, something like Boost-powered or Powered by Boost would be a decent
starting point. The reason I don't think those are optimal is that the verb 'to
boost' is pretty much a synonym for 'to power [up]', thus semantically it seems
slightly redundant. Think: Powered by Power (no, really?...)

Lastly, "Built with Boost" has a nice alliterative effect and some symmetry.

Regards.