Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] visualizing large graphs
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-01 05:43:54

Hi,

On Friday, 1. October 2010 10:47:36 Adam Spargo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > after having had some trouble with the installation, I could finally test
> > Tulip.
>
> Did you make it run on their example files without crashing? If so how
> much RAM/graphics card are you using?

No, I tried it with my own network that I wrote to a file using
boost::write_graphviz().
Could you please tell me where to find such example files? I would then test it.

> It has been a while since I tried it, so I can't remember exactly what my
> latest issue is on the desktop, I think an overfull buffer message
> followed by a crash. Did you make any changes to the source (buffer
> sizes etc) before the build?

No, I didn't change anything. Compiled it, installed it and that's it.
I have 4GB RAM here and 512MB graphics card. However, that is nothing special
as it dates already 2 years ago and wasn't "premium" or similar at that time
either.

> Thanks,
>
> Adam.

Best,