Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] can I serialize concrete types that are not acessible where the archive is created
From: Massaro Alessio (Alessio.Massaro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-18 09:26:45

I eventually managed to get everything to work nicely

Just one essential bit that seems to be missing in the docuemntation...at least I missed it :-)

****
Use the ***DLL version*** of boost serialization (#define BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK or BOOST_SERIALIZATION_DYN_LINK in your build)
Otherwise, afaict, every DLL gets a separate static extended type-info singleton container.
****

And, to anwer my own question, the documentation does say explicitly that non-rtti and rtti implementations of extended type-info can coexist.

Hopefully, this will help other newbies!