Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialization] archive back compatibility problems should be fixed
Date: 2010-10-20 18:02:56

On 20.10.2010 19:32 "Bryce Lelbach" <admin_at_[hidden]>
<admin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Philip, MSVC-10 builds fine and build all examples/tests on my box
> without error.
> I think the issue there is on your end.

You were absolutely right. I build boost with runtime-link=static and linked my application to the msvcp100.dll which is obviously a really stupid idea.

Having everything setup for link=static and runtime-link=dynamic it works like a charm with msvc2010. Like Linux/GCC 4.5.0 did all the time.

So mingw is kind of nice-to-have now.
Thanks for testing and putting me on the right path.

Regards,
Philipp