Subject: Re: [Boost-users] load a serialized object into Matlab?
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 10:29:20

Daniel Herring <dherring <at> ll.mit.edu> writes:
> While boost::serialization prefers its own file format, HDF5 is a very
> open standard.
>
> "The HDF5 data model, file format, API, library, and tools are open and
> distributed without charge."
> http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/whatishdf5.html

I would love to see this kind of implementation, though I don't know much
about the support for hdf5 in matlab. From a cursory review of the docs,
it looks like it is pretty awful to work with in matlab. For better or worse,
I think that most people end up using the 'save' function.

I agree that matlab is proprietary and shouldn't be a core boost library, which
means it probably should be in the numeric bindings.

-Jesse