Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Spirit Porting
From: Avi Bahra (avibahra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-29 19:02:43

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>Just forget the IBM compiler. It's not up to the task to compile any of
>Spirit V2 code. We talked to Michel Wong at BoostCon about this and he said
>that his compiler team resources are very limited and that he does not
>expect this to be fixed too soon.

I was also under the impression that spirit classic would be deprecated,
some time in the future, and had pencilled time to port to Spirit Qi. My
main motivation for porting to QI, was the performance of spirit
classic is atrocious.

Currently I building on AIX and use the new IBM compiler (v11.1)
but If I understand correctly you are saying dont bother trying to
port from classic->Qi. ?

Is it possible to provide more detailed information, about what
parts of spirit Qi(I assume this is V2) the IBM compiler cant cope
with ?

   Best regards,
Ta,
    Avi