Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Managing pipelines?
From: Olivier Tournaire (olitour_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-03 11:24:02

Hi,

Thank you Christian for your answer. I remember now this library
announcement on the list. However, I am not sure to use it, since we do not
know what is its developpement status. However, seems to be great and
provides some tutorials based on GIL. I tried to play with but do not know
how to deal between image and image_view.

2010/11/2 michi7x7 <mailing-lists_at_[hidden]>

> Am 02.11.2010 16:49, schrieb Olivier Tournaire:
>
> those "Pipelines" are called streams in C++, and boost does provide a
> library for streams (boost.iostream).
> However, given this image-example I'd not recomend you to use streams for
> this as those require copying, proxy object or move-semantics. Moreover
> iostreams are not thought to pass whole objects, but little pieces of
> information instead (like chars).
>
> This doesn't mean that you can't use the operators << and >> for this
> though. You might want to look at boost.Proto to build a lazy evaluated
> expressions.
>
> If you really try to build such an Image-Library, look at boost.GIL first.

GIL does not provide such stuffs. Sure however I will use GIL.

Regards,

Olivier