Subject: Re: [Boost-users] MPI build problems in Fedora 14 x64
From: Riccardo Murri (riccardo.murri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-15 14:13:08

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:08 PM, <> wrote:
> I'm building boost libraries in a Fedora 14 x64.
> In this Linux distribution, mpi.h is located in /usr/include/openmpi-x86_64
> and the build process complains about not finding mpi.h.

This usually indicates that either `bjam` cannot find the MPI compiler
(`mpicxx` or `mpic++` both should work on OpenMPI), or that the MPI
library is not correctly installed so that `mpicxx` does not look for
`mpi.h` in the correct place.

To debug, I'd try out the following:

1. Try to compile with `mpicxx -c` a file consisting of the single
line `#include <mpi.h>` ; if this fails, your `mpicxx` is not
installed properly.

2. Try to append to `project-config.jam` (in the top-level Boost
source directory) the line `using mpi : /path/to/mpicxx ;` where
`mpicxx` is the one you tried in step 1. -- if this fails, there is
possibly some issue with Boost autodetection of the MPI library.

Best regards,
Riccardo