Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Getting/deducing type of custom (internal) properties
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-17 07:56:12

Hi,

I was able to figure out ta solution for the problem. I am fairly sure that it
was the fact that the compiler could not deduce the type there because it was
not specified in the arguments.
In fact, the compiler doesn't even need to do this automatically. Because a
filtered_graph always needs an adjacency_list as its input, which, in turn
needs to have appropriate types for the vertex/edge properties.

These types can be retrieved via the property_traits interface.

The solution I now came up with goes like this:

First, one needs to find out the appropriate type:
    /// Type of the internal properties of the vertices
    typedef typename property_traits< typename
property_map<FilteredGraphContainer, vertex_properties_t>::type >::value_type
VProps;

And then, this type can be used.
    VProps& properties(const Vertex& v)
    {
            typename property_map<FilteredGraphContainer,
vertex_properties_t>::type param = get(vertex_properties, graph_);
            return (param[v]);
    }

Interestingly, this works also for defining FilteredGraphs from FilteredGraph.
If this makes sense or not may be individual opinion, I just wanted to state
that it works.
IMHO, using a template here, would actually be false (maybe that's why it
didn't work), as the type is depending on the type of the original graph.

Another way to circumvent such issues might be to use bundled properties. But
they are not compatible to older versions of the BGL or not compatible with
special compilers.

Best,

Cedric