Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Hybrid parallelism, no more + mpi+serialization, many questions
From: Brian Budge (brian.budge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-19 10:35:51

I'm not positive exactly what you mean. Can you explain in more detail?

Maybe you're referring to spawning? You can spawn processes, but I'm
very inexperienced with that. It sounds, however, like you'll always
have at least millions of tasks. For ease of programming, I'd
recommend just using mpirun to launch as many processes as you can
afford, and pass tasks to them when they request work to do. Not
understanding your problem in enough detail, that's the best I can
recommend (for example, is it easy to just "jump" to a starting point
in your tree, or do you have to traverse from the start?)

  Brian