Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Error while using bundled property with subgraph
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-20 08:28:28

Hi,

On Saturday, 20. November 2010 04:58:56 giridhar wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am using bundled property in my subgraph. I have bundled property
> structure defined for edges. It works fine with the normal graph. But when
> I try to create the subgraph I am getting this error. *error C2338:
> (!is_same<edge_index_type, boost::detail::error_property_not_found>::val*
> ue).
>
> This is how my bundled edge property looks like
>
> struct Edgep
> {
> int edge_index;
> int edge_w;
> std::string edge_name;
> };
>
> This is how my graph is created typedef subgraph< adjacency_list<vecS,
> vecS, undirectedS,
> property<vertex_index_t, int>,Edgep > > Graph;
>
> Can you please help me to interpret this error. What is causing this error?

The error seems to come from the fact that subgraph expects edge_index as an
internal property.
Defining:
typedef subgraph< adjacency_list<vecS, vecS, undirectedS,
    no_property, property< edge_index_t, unsigned int > > > Graph;

Seems to solve that issue. At least, my compiler (gcc-4.3.4) does no longer
complain about that line with the above change.
The problem I see now is how to integrate bundled properties on top. I don't
know if it still are bundled properties if they are used in nested internal
properties.
Therefore, a more general question might be to ask: Does the subgraph-concept
readily work with bundled properties? A quick look at the code does suggest so
but I am not completely sure...

Best,

Cedric