Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MPI] lifetime of data sent through communicator::isend()
From: Heiko Bauke (heiko.bauke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-21 03:27:45

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 19:50:02 +0100
Riccardo Murri <riccardo.murri_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using mpi::communicator::isend where the payload data comes from a
> pointer (e.g., "req = comm_.isend(dest, tag. *data)").
> When am I free to "delete" the pointer? Immediately after isend()
> returns? Or should I wait until the request is completed?

yes, you have to wait before you can free your memory. See
http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi22-report/node57.htm
and the following pages.

> Does setting BOOST_MPI_HOMOGENEOUS have any influence on this?

It should not have any influence on this.

        Heiko

--
-- Wer das Leben nicht schätzt, der verdient es nicht. (Leonardo da Vinci)
-- Number Crunch Blog @ http://numbercrunch.de