Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Detecting the MS standard library (was: [Property-tree] Boost 1.45 with Intel Compiler + VS 2010 compile error)
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-23 04:21:43

>> I am trying to compile boost 1.45 using the recently released Intel
>> Composer XE 2011 for Windows. I am running into the same error as
>> described in ticker 4092
>> (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4092). I have changed the
>> check for BOOST_MSVC to include BOOST_INTEL_WIN (line 19 of
>> boost/property_tree/detail/ptree_implementation.hpp) and can compile
>> successfully. Not sure if this is the proper fix, so I hope the
>> author/maintainer can look into this and fix this.
> Obviously, since it's the library that's broken and not the actual
> compiler, any other compiler using the same library will run into the same
> problem.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to detect the MS CPPSL independently from their
> compiler?

Yes: see the logic in boost/config/select_stdlib_config.hpp - note that any
replacement std lib's like STLport need to be excluded as well.

Also Boost.Config helpfully defines BOOST_DINKUMWARE_STDLIB when it detects
Dinkumwares stdlib - set to the version number of _CPPLIB_VER - so using
this would probably be the best bet.

HTH, John.