Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost::asio] link errors using boost 1.44.0 on 32-bit
From: Samir Kharchi (katachi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-24 11:41:07

On 24.11.2010 17:09, Igor R wrote:
>> I am mainly using boost::asio and I get a link error when I try to build my
>> project on 32-bit release VC8.0 saying (The according 32-Bit libs are
>> correctly included):
>>
>> error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""class
>> boost::system::error_category const& __cdecl
>> boost::system::system_category(void)"
>> (?system_category_at_system@boost@@YAABVerror_category_at_12@XZ)" in Funktion
>> ""class boost::system::error_category const& __cdecl
>> boost::system::get_system_category(void)"
>> (?get_system_category_at_system@boost@@YAABVerror_category_at_12@XZ)".
>>
>> error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""class
>> boost::system::error_category const& __cdecl
>> boost::system::system_category(void)"
>> (?system_category_at_system@boost@@YAABVerror_category_at_12@XZ)".
>>
> Boost.Asio depends on Boost.System library, and it seems that the
> linker can't find this lib.
Hi,

thanks first of all. Yeah, that´s what the compiler says (well, actually
it says that they are not defined not that the lib cannot be found) but
what is the reason for it?
All the 32bits libs are in the same directory. Just as all the 64bits
libs are in the same directory and the system libs are definetly
available in both directories (all possible configurations in there even
the dlls...hehe, just to be sure) and the directory is correctly set in
the project settings (for both), just that the 64-bit built works and
the 32-bit one doesn´t. That is why I am stuck here. What could be the
reason for it not finding the definitions in 32-bit but in 64-bit? That
kind of doesn´t make sense. The system lib is definetly there.